|The MN Trail Riders invite you to
our annual Fall 4x4 Run!
September 25-27th (Fri night, Sat, Sun) 2015
River Falls, Wisconsin
is open to the public; we
welcome 4x4 beginners. This is a family friendly trail-guided event,
expect to have a good
time trail riding your Off Road Vehicle (ORV). Your are required to
stay with your assigned trail guide on the trail.
$40 per trail ride vehicle, passengers are free
Schedule of Events:
- 4pm Registration opens
- 5pm Limited Trail open
- 9pm Registration closes
- 8am Registration opens
- 9am Drivers Meeting; Line
up for Guided Trail rides
- 3pm "3pm
Hill" opens for attempts! This
climb has NOT been conquered, the long steep hill hits 60 degrees.
- 7pm Trails close
- Sunset Line up for Night Trail Ride
- 9am Registration Opens
- 9am Line up for Guided
- 11am Registration Closes
- 3pm Trails Close
- 4pm Camp grounds close
Ride Requirements: All Trail
Vehicles need to pass a standard trail type inspection. At minimum,
this means you need a properly mounted tow points front and
rear, good brakes, good steering, a suitable tow strap, seat belts,
vehicles with a removable top need a roll bar.
Recommended: Fire extinguisher,
Tools, a spare tire, extra
insurance, and an
FRS radio to communicate with the trail guides and fellow riders.
If you need directions, e-mail us at info@MNTrailRiders.org .
We are happy to provide
directions and answer any questions. The event is hosted on
private property and the land owners request that directions are NOT
posted on the Internet.
The event is open for rain or shine, dress for the weather.
the Trails: The trails are a blast
and difficulty range depends on conditions. Trails
range from easy, passable with
stock 4x4, to difficult gullies and hill climbs that will challenge
built rigs with lockers. Many trails go up and down deep
ravines, expect rocks, stumps, logs and other natural obstacles that
change from year to year. Your trail leader will guide you to
and through the trails, it's up to you to pick your level of fun.
of Past Fall Runs:
- The event is held on farm land; keep you and your
vehicle OFF the crops - for us city folks what we think is a grass
field could be a crop of alfalfa hay.
- No Alcohol on the
trails, ever. This keeps it safe for everyone
- Are you new to four wheel'en? Check our our
Tips for Newbies (coming soon)
- Do I need to pre-register for this trail ride? No
need to pre-register - we have plenty of room for camping and trails
for all rigs - when you get to the farm, check-in/register and we will
get you set up with a similar sizes set of rigs and guide you out to
- Whats the camping like? We do have free onsite
camping; this is in a field near the trails; no electric or water
- clean port a potty on site
- single common fire place - great place to hang out at night
- plenty of space for rigs and tents
- be courteous to your neighbors - if your going to be louder - just
distance your camp from others.
- the town of River Falls is ~5 miles away - making it easy to run into
town for food, gas, or supplies
- hotels in River Falls if camping is not your thing.
tire chains allowed? YES they are allowed but not often used. A
potential issue is damage to the truck with them on if they were not
I need to air my tires down? This is highly recommended. Airing
your tires to to about 15psi will greatly improve traction. If
you have not aired down and are getting stuck more than others then air
down for more traction!
- TIP: Bring (or purchase) FRS radio's. We use these at event to communicate between rigs.
- TIP: Bring along lunch, snacks, and water.
- Offroad 4x4 lessons leaned, Tips, and Tricks! FAQ
email us at info@MNTrailRiders.org